You have no items in your cart.
The first Antiques and Appraisal Series was held in 2004. At each of our Series, we feature a guest speaker who leads a discussion on their area of expertise. They then offer verbal appraisals (two items per person). Past speakers include experts in paintings, books, jewelry, coins, clocks & watches, glassware and more.
- Connie Brown of Connie Brown Vintage Quilts and Linens of Norwalk, CT. Connie brought samples of quilts and linens and spoke about their origins and care.
- Jack McAuliffe, a dealer collector and has been in business for 35 years, discussed European & American paintings, various types of prints, and sculpture.
- Michael McRee, an antique carpet expert, with Caravan Connection in Bedford Hills, talked about how to identify and care for many different types of carpets.
- James Levinson, of James Levinson Inc. of New York City, shared with the audience a variety of beautiful estate and antique pieces. He spoke about buying for pleasure and sentiment rather than investment.
- Jamie Shenkman, of Jamie’s Antiques, specializes in antique and vintage costume jewelry. She discussed various types of jewelry and brought a selection of Victorian beads, Edwardian necklaces, Art Deco sautoirs, 1940 retro pins, and highlights from the 1950s-60s as examples for the audience to view.
Look for our next Antiques and Appraiser Series on the Society’s calendar.