You have no items in your cart.
The mission of the New Castle Historical Society is to discover, collect, preserve and communicate the history of the Town of New Castle.
More particularly, the Society’s purposes are:
- to bring together those people interested in local history
- to collect and preserve the old maps, books, manuscripts, pictures and artifacts that illustrate the life of the community in past years, and to collect such contemporary material as will be of interest to future generations
- to organize the collections and make them accessible
- to promote individual and public interest and pride in our historic heritage
- to communicate our knowledge of local history through exhibits, lectures and publications
- to encourage the preservation of historic buildings, monuments, and markers
- to work with the schools and youth groups of the community to enhance student interest in local history.