You have no items in your cart.
The Completion of Walking Horace Greeley’s Farm
Directions from Rehoboth to the Historical Society: To walk back to the New Castle Historical Society from Rehoboth, continue along Aldridge Road to its intersection with Prospect Drive. Turn left and walk down Prospect Drive until it ends at King Street. Cross King St. to the sidewalk, and walk down the hill until you reach the crosswalk just short of the Horace Greeley House. Cross the street again to the starting point of this tour.
Questions to think about on the way back:
- Why do you think that so many of Horace Greeley’s houses were lost to fires?
- Do you think that you’d like to live in the 1800s?
- What was your favorite part of the tour?
- What part of Chappaqua looks the most different from the way it looked in the 1800s? What part looks the most similar?
- When did you move to Chappaqua? How has the town changed since then?
You have now completed the walking tour of Horace Greeley’s Farm. Thank you for taking the time to walk in the footsteps of history! If you have any additional questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-238-4666.